We missed you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about, but thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe and stop the spread of coronavirus.
According to state and local guidelines, the Kankakee Area YMCA was be able to nearly fully reopen our facility and programs on June 29th! The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices. Please read the information below to see specifically what the Kankakee Area YMCA is doing during our reopening process.
- Monday - Thursday: 4:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- Friday: 4:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Behind the Scenes (We Are):
Before You Arrive:
- Reserve your space online www.k3ymca.org or by calling member services.
- Reservations are made by area for Queenax, Indoor Group Fitness classes, and Child Watch/Kids' Fit Zone
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early for your reserved time.
- Spots will be filled immediately for Group Fitness classes.
What You Should Know:
- Space is reserved for MEMBERS ONLY (No Guests)
- Temperatures will be taken at the door. (Those with temperatures of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed entrance into the facility for the next 72 hours or until the fever is gone.)
- Reservations are REQUIRED for areas listed above (online or by phone)
- We ask you to please wear a mask. Please bring your own mask. A limited amount of masks will be available at check-in.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Members will be required to sanitize hands before entering the building.
- Social distancing of 6 ft. or more is required.
- Children under the age of 10 will need a reservation for Child Watch or Kids' Fit Zone
- The following services are closed: Coffee Station, Towel Service, Lock boxes, Vending machines, and Television
- Seating area in member lounge reserved for business transactions only.
- Wellness Center
- Gym: Maximum 13 members each side
- Racquetball Court: Maximum 2 members
- Outdoor Pickleball Court: Maximum 8 members
- Queenax: Maximum 4 members
- Running Track: 15 members
- Walker Pool: see our schedule here
- Swan Pool: see our schedule here
- Indoor/Outdoor Fitness Classes: reserve your spot here
- Child Watch: 10 children maximum (1 hour reservations)
- Kids' Fit Zone: 15 children maximum (1 hour reservations)
- Child Watch hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8 AM - 12 PM, 4 PM - 7 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - 12 PM
- Kids' Fit Zone hours:
- Monday-Friday: 4 PM - 7 PM
- Member Services: Nikki Berns firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care/Camp: Emily Carson email@example.com, Elayne James firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness: Cyndi Hunt email@example.com
- Sports: Mike Curren firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aquatics: Jen Chambers-Schwob email@example.com
- CEO: Will Welsh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Program Director: Penny Greenlee email@example.com
What has Changed
- Child Watch and Kids' Fit Zone are now open for reservations
- The Wellness Center, gym, and racquetball courts no longer require reservations. Social distancing of 6 feet is required in these areas.
- Facility hours have been expanded on Monday - Saturday
- Duffle bags are allowed in facility (duffle bags are still prohibited in the gym)
In the Pools
- The Walker Pool (Large Pool) is now open (see the schedule here)
- The Swan Pool is now open (see the schedule here)
- Aquatic aerobic classes are available by reservation
- Group swim lessons have begun
- Reservations available online or by calling the front desk
- A shower is available on deck.
- Pool noodles will not be available.
- No sharing of aquatic equipment.
- Pool areas will be sanitized regularly.
- Locker rooms are available on a limited basis.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required.
- No adults in the youth locker rooms.
- Locker rooms will be sanitized regularly.
- Children ages 10-13 are allowed in the facility with a parent.
- Children ages 10-13 are allowed in the Wellness Center ONLY with a Fit Pass
- Fit Pass appointments can be scheduled by calling 815-933-1741.
- Children ages 6 weeks to 10 years are allowed in the building in the Child Watch and Kids' Fit Zone areas ONLY. Reservations are requierd (1 hour reservations).
- Please wear a mask inside the facility. Please bring your own mask. A limited amount of masks will be available at check-in.
*The schedules are flexible and subject to change*